Today, I am discussing how to add your own desirable custom domain name to Blogger. Because you also want that the website name is of your choice like my website bloggingrecipe.com. So why not your website name is of your choice. Let see it how it works-
Why You Use your Own custom Domain Name instead of blogspot.com-
The first thing that the Google allows you to add your own custom domain name in Blogspot. Now you can add your own desirable custom domain name. After adding a domain name your Blog it looks like a website like others. It also helps in increasing of your Visitors on your Blog website. And most important your Blog is free from blogspot.com which looks nice.
Where To Buy a Domain Name-
You can Buy a Domain Name from any of the domain registration websites. Or you can Buy a domain from any of the famous registrars like godaddy.com or bigrock.com. From these registrars, you can buy Domain name in around 99 to 125 rupees. Now I assumed that you are purchased a Domain Name.
How To add a Custom Domain Name in your Blog-
First, you go to blogger.com and Login with your Google (Gmail) account and go to the left bottom of the blogger account home page.
- In opening page Click on + Set up a third-party URL for your blog.
2. It is extended like this –
- 1. In this field add your purchased Domain Name like I added www.shouterworld.com. Take a note, write domain name with www without it, it gives an error.
- 2. Note down the 2nd and 3rd or copy that on the computer.
- 3. Click the Save button and it gives an error Error 12. It gives an error because of not confirming that the domain is your or not.
- Leave it as it is, after adding server code to the CNAME of your registrar’s website it is removed.
Now Add CNAMEs To Your Domain Registrar Site-
Now you go to your Domain Registrar site where you purchased your Domain name and Login to the site. After Logging in Click on your Domain Name.
Here, I tell you how to add CNAMEs on Bigrock registrar site which provides you a cheap rate of 99 rupees only for your .com registration.
- First logging in and click on your domain name.
- Then Click on Manage DNS in DNS Management.
- It will open a new tab with like this
- Click on CNAME Records and then on Add CNAME Record which looks like this.
- In Host Name box write your Host Name from the Host field from your Blogger like www.
- In Value box write your Target point from your Target field from your Blogger like ghs.google.com.
- Similarly, write the second DNS code as first code.
- And then Click on The Add Record and then after saving leave the page.
- And Go back to Blogger Page and Click on Save Button.
- It takes some time to change your domain name.
- And Finally, on your browser, you can directly open www.yourdomain.com for your blogger page.
# If further face any difficulty openly ask your question in the comment Box.